|Welcome to St. Vincent de Paul Parish
1203 Wood Street
Springfield, South Dakota
Sunday 10:30 a.m.
The Parish at Springfield is the older of our two parishes established in 1880. In 1940 it was destroyed
by a tornado. In 1941 the church from Running Water was moved to Springfield and it became a
mission of St. Leo the Great Parish in Tyndall. When the new Parish was built in Tyndall, the Parish
was closed in 1948 and the Catholics of Springfield came to Tyndall. The dream of a church in
Springfield continued and under the leadership of Bishop Lambert Hoch and Msgr. Leonard Zwinger,
St. Vincent de Paul Parish and a Newman center for the college was built and dedicated in 1972.